In order to control the spread of deadly Covid-19 pandemic, the J&K administration on Sunday has announced the weekend lockdown in Jammu district of the union territory beginning from 24 July.
The official detailed order issued by Sushma Chauhan, District Magistrate, Jammu said that the weekend lockdown will commence from 6 pm on all Fridays till 6 pm on all Mondays beginning from 24 July. The order will remain in action until further notice.
Details of what will remain open, closed
• There shall be a complete restriction on movement of individuals, vehicles and all activities within the entire jurisdiction of district Jammu, except the movement for a medical emergency.
• No pass shall be required for medical emergency movements.
• Only local chemist, fruits, vegetables and dairy shops shall remain open for community needs.
• The passenger coming out from and going to airport/railway station shall be permitted to move on the production of tickets
• Officials belonging to airlines shall be allowed for movement on the production of valid ID proofs.
• The government employees of essential services’ departments shall also be allowed to move on the production of valid ID proofs.
- American aircraft reached Andaman, China on target
- These five benefits of Jio 5G will change your lifestyle
- Corona patients cross 300,000 in Maharashtra
- Army connections of Chinese companies present in India
- Rajasthan tape scandal: Congress counterattack on BJP for demanding CBI probe
- Millennials may drive demand for affordable houses, post COVID-19