In an unprecedented medical development in Pune’s Ruby Hall Clinic, doctors transplanted the liver of a brain-dead donor into a recipient with HIV infection.
A 54-year-old native of Pune suffered from critical end-stage liver disease due to rare immunological damage owing to the HIV infection.
At Ruby Hall Clinic, both the recipient and the donor were meticulously screened for Covid-19 infection, as per the guidelines laid down by the Zonal Transplant Co-ordination Committee and the Director of Health Services, Maharashtra government.
The organ was retrieved from a Pune-based donor who was declared brain dead at Ruby Hall Clinic.
- Rajasthan political crisis: Supreme Court refuses to stay HC order
- Cashless economy: Are we ready for the transformation
- Ashok Gehlot’s letter to PM- Horse trading happening in the state
- Puneet Goenka resigns as Director of Zee Media
- America is trying to be India’s first option in the defence sector
- Air India cut allowances for employees by 50%, applicable from April 1
- OnePlus Nord launched, know its features and price
- Full lockdown in Kashmir from today to July 27 due to rising Corona infection
- Amarnath Ji Yatra 2020 called-off due to prevailing COVID-19 situation
- Atmanirbar Bharat: Foreign investment of $20 billion in India