The situation is becoming explosive due to Corona infection in Jammu and Kashmir. On Wednesday, four more deaths due to corona infection were recorded in the Kashmir Valley, whereas, 502 fresh cases have been reported. The number of corona cases in Jammu and Kashmir has increased to 15,258. The Jammu and Kashmir government has announced to increase the lockdown in Kashmir by 27 July in view of rising cases of corona infection and deaths.
The Jammu and Kashmir administration on Wednesday announced a complete lockdown in areas of Kashmir which have been declared as red zones due to rising Corona cases. The information and public relations department of Jammu and Kashmir said, barring Bandipora, from Wednesday to July 27, a lockdown has been imposed in all such areas of Kashmir region. Only agriculture and construction work are exempted in these areas.
Describing this lockdown as necessary to curb the corona epidemic in the order issued by the government in this regard, from July 28 to today, all concerned authorities have been directed to implement it strictly. Whether this lockdown will continue or will be relaxed will depend on further status. Jammu’s District Commissioner Sushma Chauhan has announced a partial shutdown from July 24.
Sushma Chauhan District Chairman of Disaster Management
In view of the fast-growing cases, Sushma Chauhan who is DC and District Chairman of Disaster Management in Jammu district has issued an order to implement the weekend lockdown in the district from July 24. In exercise of the powers under Section 144 of the CrPC, the District Deputy Commissioner has decided the lockdown from July 24, Friday to six o’clock in the morning. During this period, the movement of persons, vehicles and all kinds of activities will be completely banned. Only in view of the emergency needs of health will the movement take place. Passengers going to the airport and railway station will be allowed to proceed by showing tickets. Similarly, the staff of the railway station and the airport will be allowed to show their identity cards.
- Amarnath Ji Yatra 2020 called-off due to prevailing COVID-19 situation
- Atmanirbar Bharat: Foreign investment of $20 billion in India
- Jio Mart App launched, know how to use it
- Mamata Banerjee targeted BJP, said- a party trying to incite Hindu-Muslim riots
- ‘Jats, Punjabis physically strong but less brainy’: Tripura chief minister Biplab Deb
- Ayodhya victory: an overview of the brief timeline before ‘Bhoomi Pujan’
- Farmer drinking Pesticide along with his wife, whose fault is this?
- England’s cricketer Dominic Sibley accidentally used saliva on ball, umpire disinfect
- Changes in Consumer Protection Act from today
- China has trapped PM Modi in its trap: Said Rahul Gandhi