As governments and health experts guides to wear masks due to continuous spike in coronavirus cases, a businessman in Odisha has got himself a mask made of gold.
When asked the Odisha based businessman Alok Mohanty, he said his obsession for gold, connected with media reports on Pune businessman with a personalized gold mask worth Rs 2.89 lakh, encouraged him to associate with jewellers in Mumbai and get one made for himself.
He is the owner of a furniture store in Odisha’s Cuttack. The mask weighs around 100 grams and costs Rs 3.5 lakh. Elastic bands, tied to the gold mask, make it comfortable to wear and gives a secure fit, he said. It took 22 days to make it after Mr Mohanty placed an order.
Alok Mohanty, widely acknowledged as the Gold Man, is also a social activist. He has been helping the needy so that they are able to cope with the coronavirus pandemic.
- Bhoomi pujan of Ram Mandir in Ayodhya on 5 August, PM Modi may come
- A major shock to a Chinese company, Indian Railways cancels contract of 470 crores
- The non-funny comedian Kunal Kamra got trolled again due to his tweet.
- Shadow of terror attack on Amarnath Yatra starting from 21 July, Army on high alert
- Key highlights of PM Modi’s virtual address at UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)